Moulton Earl Grey B1866 Special Limited Edition (150th year Brooks)
The Moulton AM ‘Earl Grey’ is a Special Edition bicycle designed to complement the Brooks Cambium C15 and C17 vulcanised rubber saddles. Alex Moulton’s great-grandfather, Stephen Moulton, was a friend of Charles Goodyear. Goodyear discovered the rubber vulcanisation process, and in 1842 Moulton brought vulcanised rubber to Europe. Moulton founded a rubber manufactory in Bradford on Avon, a stone’s throw from the present-day Moulton bicycle factory.
The ‘Earl Grey 1866’ is a Limited Edition build specification configured to commemorate the 150th year of Brooks saddle manufacture. Features special copper detailing on the Brooks saddle, Brooks grips, and spokes.
- Wheel Size: 17"
- Frame: Columbus Spirit and Kaisei NiCrMo steels, with stainless steel dropouts. 'Shot-in' tube construction. Fillet brazed by hand. [sizing]
- Front Suspension: Moulton Leading Link
- Rear Suspension: Moulton Monosphere
- Separability: Fixed or separates into two halves via removal of a centre 'kingpin'
- Frame Finish: Painted
- Rear Carrier: Fits optional ''Day Carrier'
- Colour: Special Edition 'Earl Grey'
- Gears: 2
- Spec: SRAM Automatix
- Gear Type: Hub
- Handlebar: Flat: Moulton custom flat bar, polished aluminium
- Handlebar Stem: AL ahead stem (90, 110 or 135mm)
- Handlebar Tape: Brooks Cambium cotton canvas ‘slender’ grips (with copper detailing).
- Headset: Tange Seiki RDC
- Seatpost: Moulton seat-pillar in Reynolds 953 (34.9 x 570).
- Saddle: Brooks Cambium C17 vulcanised rubber saddle (with copper rivets).
- Brake Levers: TRP FL-750
- Gear Levers: N/A (back pedal)
- Brakes: Coaster rear, Tektro 521 DP 57 front calliper
- Front Mech: N/A
- Rear Mech: N/A
- Crankset: GB crankset, 54t ring
- Bottom Bracket: Sturmey Archer, alloy cups, square taper
- Cassette/Sprocket: 18t
- Chain: 3/32” chain
- Pedals: MKS Promenade q/r
- Front hub: Sturmey Archer HBT, large flange
- Rear hub: SRAM Automatix 28h
- Spokes: Sapim butted spokes (with copper nipples)
- Rims: Moulton M17 rims
- Tyres: Schwalbe Kojak (Kevlar) 32-369
- Mudguards: Available as accessory
- Mudguard Clearance: Up to 32mm tyre section
- Gear Range (inches) T= Touring, S= Sport: 50 - 70"
- Options: Wishbone stem (ahead type)