Curve GXR Kevin of Steel III SRAM Rival 1 Gravel Bike - Hero Green
Kevin is more than a steel gravel bike.
Magnificent and menacing, Kevin fears nothing and will take you places you didn't even know you wanted to go.
MEET MAGNIFICENT KEV!
The light but durable Italian Columbus Zona steel frame paired with the carbon GXR Seek fork has been proved on adventures all over the world: Jimmy Ashby rode his Kevin of Steel 39,100 km through 32 countries; Barrie Mead was the third place finisher in the 2019 Race to the Rock with his Kevin fitted with 650b wheels and 2.2” mountain bike tyres; and Curve crew have traversed New South Wales, New Zealand, Switzerland, Swaziland, Cuba, Croatia and countless other parts of the globe on this magnificent bicycle!
The main frame triangle is comprised of Columbus Zona Italian-made double-butted tubing. Zona allows for the ideal compromise between weight, strength and life of the frame.
Two for One
Choose the wheels that suit your cycling style. Kevin can run either 700c wheels with 32–45 mm tyres for Road/Gravel/Cyclocross or go full Party Mode with 650b (27.5”) wheels running 1.8–2.2” tyres. You can even own a wheelset in each size and interchange them to effectively have two bikes in one.
No Weird Flex
The custom 4130 steel yoke design allows Kevin to run some super wide gravel tyres in two wheel sizes, and also stiffens the BB area to avoid frame flex under load.
Kevin comes equipped with rear rack mounts, fender mounts & three bidon mounts and can be configured with either a 1x or 2x drivetrain. With huge tyre clearance across two wheel sizes, a longer wheelbase and a more stable platform, Kevin is perfect for day trips, weekenders and multi-day bikepacking.
- Wheels: Curve Grav AL. Wheels // Tubeless Ready // DT Swiss 350 CL hubs // Sapim Sprint spokes
- Shifter/Brakes: SRAM Rival 1 - LHR/RHF brake/shift // HRD Flat Mount Disc // CLX CL Rotors 160 mm
- Crank: SRAM Rival 1
- Bottom Bracket: CURVE T47 68 mm
- Derailleur: SRAM Rival 1 with Roller Bearing Clutch™
- Cassette: XG 1150 10-42 Wide Range 11sp (XD freehub)
- Chain: SRAM 1150 Power Chain
- Handlebars: Curve Walmer 46 (XS-M) or 50 (L-XL)
- Stem & Seatpost: Zipp SC
- Saddle: Fi'zi:k Vento Argo R5
- Tyres: X'Plor 700c x 40 / 650b x 50
Please Note: Spec subject to change according to availability