Cinelli Superstar Carbon Road Disc Frameset - Team Colpack
The Superstar is Cinelli’s cutting-edge carbon fiber re-interpretation of the mythical Italian stage-racing bicycle that is the brand’s heritage and DNA.
Unlike other brands who each year offer bicycles with ever increasingly narrow scope of use, Cinelli, when developing the Superstar, obsessed over the way in which the inherent qualities of carbon fiber and its manufacturing processes could be employed to produce an aggressively contemporary version of the legendary versatility of the Italian Grand Tour ride quality i.e. the intelligent balance of low-weight, aggressive handling over highly varied terrain and long-distance riding comfort.
To this end, the Superstar not only adheres to a traditional Italian racing geometry (72,5° headtube, 407mm chainstays), but is also characterized by the shaping of the forms of the frame to allow the greatest precision and customization of the lay-up of different grades of carbon in the construction process. Note, for example, how the tangent lines joining the top and down tubes to the head tube allow for the carbon fiber to remain completely straight thus offering the maximal weight-to-stiffness ratio.
The proprietary bowed top tube, whose form allows for a controlled deformation of the top tube headtube when the frame is subject to strong vertical or horizontal forces such as potholes, poorly surface roads etc. The controlled deformation results above all in a head tube that remains 8% more parallel to its original position, allowing for greater control and predictability of handling when riding in rough conditions.
The use of both external and – unlike the majority of other models on the market – internal PU moulds during the carbon curing process, allowing for greater compression of the fibers as well as minimizing the amount of resin needed and greatly increasing long-term reliability of the frame.
- MATERIAL: COLUMBUS Carbon Monocoque
- HEADSET: IS 42/28,6 | IS 52/40
- SEAT POST: Ø 27,2mm
- SEAT CLAMP: Ø 31,8mm
- BB SHELL: Press Fit 86,5 x 41
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Braze-On
- CABLE ROUTING: Internal - Di2/EPS compatible
- TIRE CLEARANCE: up to 700x28
- FORK: Columbus Futura Disc 1-1/8” - 1-1/2” Monocoque
- WEIGHT: Frame 1140g / Fork 440g (uncut)
- BRAKE: Front & Rear Flat mount disc brake, Rotor size up to 160mm
- HUB SPACING: Rear TA Ø12x142mm / L167mm skewer, Front TA Ø12x100mm / L119mm skewer
- FRAME KIT: Extra hanger / Di2/EPS cable inserts / Front&Rear skewers