Silca Threaded Valve Extenders with Speedshield (Pair)
What is it?
Fully threaded valve extenders that work with Removable Valve Core valve stems in both Tubeless and Standard applications. Included SpeedShields improve aerodynamics while preventing the valve nut from damaging the rim surface.
Who's it for?
Cyclists in search of aluminum valve stem extensions that perfectly balance lightweight and strength with an engineered solution that improves valve stem sealing, eliminates rim scratches, rattling and improves aerodynamics.
Why we designed it
Most carbon rim profiles require valve stem lengths longer than what is typically referred to as standard. Those longer valve stems have significant weight that can unbalance the wheel at high speeds. SILCA Threaded Valve Extenders are lightweight aluminum that provide a significant weight savings over a full-length brass valve stem. The SILCA extenders come with SpeedShields and spherical nuts that protect the rim, prevent rattle and improve air flow.
- High precision CNC machined Aluminum Valve Extenders with full external threads
- Knurled spherical nuts to eliminate bending load on valve stem
- Custom molded silicone shield with 3M adhesive backer
- Less than half the weight of brass valve extenders
- SpeedShield Improves wheel aerodynamics up to 0.5 Watts at 30mph