Look Keo Blade Pedal - Black
- The Blade body and blade are built from composite material. This substance makes the production of a range of less rigid blades possible – 08 to 12 -, for a cleat engagement and release feel that falls between a metal spring and a carbon blade pedal.
- The Blade brings together all the benefits of a blade pedal: crisper in and out clipping, better foot support for more security, aerodynamic shape and low weight (compared to a conventional spring system). The platform contact area has been enlarged, providing excellent pedaling stability.
Blade technology uses a blade instead of a conventional metal spring, which has many advantages for the user:
- Safe cleat entry/ release: the blade flexes, providing a firm hold once clipped-in, and when clipping-out, releases the foot faster at the end of the process in a quick and secure movement.
- An aerodynamic shape: thanks to the integration of the blade inside the body, pedals equipped with BLADE technology have the best aerodynamic shape ever created.
- Low weight: the design of the pedal around a blade system allows a significant reduction in weight and better load distribution.
SPINDLE : MORE STABILITY AND BETTER LOAD DISTRIBUTION
The Blade Carbon pedal spindle was designed to obtain a very low stack height: only 13mm. It uses a needle bearing cartridge installed in a central position for better stress resistance while pedaling and two spaced out ball bearings which distribute the load, providing increased rigidity between the body and the length of the spindle guaranteeing excellent rotational speed.
Axle play (related to internal bearing movement and part wear) is eliminated by a wave spring that constantly applies a pre-load that does not deteriorate over time. When pushing hard on the pedals, this system can completely eliminate the annoyances caused by any play (noise and sensation of friction ).
LOOK axles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a load of 90 kg on the center of the pedal and an eccentric rotation (which creates stress on each revolution). This is equivalent to a sprint by André GREIPEL of 1700 watts at 100 rpm for 333 hours! This test is much more demanding than the current standard, the ISO 4210.
CONTACT SURFACE AREA : MAXIMUM POWER TRANSFER
To answer the desires of some of the most demanding cyclists, notably competitors, the pedal and cleat system must allow efficient power transfer through a broad and rigid contact surface.
Because of this, the Blade Carbon platform surface is covered with a 64mm wide, stainless steel plate that has been molded into the body and optimizes, regardless of pedaling style, the over 400 mm² cleat/pedal contact area.
- USAGE: Regular rider to Competitive
- BODY: Composite
- AXLE: Chromoly steel +
- THREADING: 9/16 X 20 mm
- BEARINGS: 2 ball bearings, 1 needle bearing cartridge
- PEDAL STACK HEIGHT: 14 mm
- DISTANCE PEDAL SPINDLE / CRANK ARM: 53 mm
- CONTACT SURFACE AREA: 400 mm²
- FLOAT: 2 types of composite blades: 8 and 12
- CLEATS: Kéo Grip Cleats Grey
- ANGULAR MOVEMENT: 0 °, 4.5 ° or 9 ° according to the cleat color (Black, Grey, Red)
- PEDAL WEIGHT: 120 gr (308 gr per pair with cleats and screws)
- ACCESSORIES: A pair of Grey Kéo Grip cleats + screws