Silca HIRO Side Lever Locking Presta Chuck
What is it?
A locking Presta valve chuck that stays securely connected at 220+psi for road and track situations, allowing both hands to remain on the pump handle, even when inflating disc wheels.
Who's it for?
The Hiro Chuck is a finely crafted tool for those obsessed with the details as well as the experience of cycling. For high-pressure Presta valve applications, there is no better chuck.
WHY WE DESIGNED IT:
Years ago while Josh was working with the Team CSC at the Dauphine Libere, he noticed one of their mechanics using the most amazing little chuck to manage the disc wheel inflation. Unlike anything he had seen before, it was all metal and used a 'lollipop' lever on the side to lock onto the valve stems in disc wheels. The mechanic explained that these were made in Japan and were coveted by all the Euro-Pro mechanics due to their scarcity. So Josh set out to improve the design and make it available to cyclists everywhere.
- Full metal construction, guaranteed for 25 years and covered by SILCAShield
- Can effectively seal on valve stems as short as 10mm!
- Uses SILCA 254 High-Tech Elastomer gasket
- Adjustable gasket pre-load allows for custom fit on any valve as well as compensation for gasket wear
- Male Schrader thread fits into any Schrader chuck, or use SILCA Thread-On Schrader Adapter to fit to bare hose
- Bullet-proof high-pressure, disc compatible chuck for high-pressure situations.